IEP Classic is an estate planning service that is designed to preserve and grow the value of your investment, whilst protecting it from the impact of inheritance tax.
Our investment strategy for the Ingenious Estate Planning services is designed to preserve capital value, deliver steady growth and offer easy access to your investment should you require it.
Your funds will be invested into business relief (BR) qualifying companies overseen by Ingenious that operate in our core sectors of media, infrastructure and real estate. The companies we select will operate under trading strategies that focus on activities that:
- demonstrate clearly defined, predictable returns
- follow transparent, well understood business models
- suit Ingenious Estate Planning’s focus on capital preservation and steady growth
Why IEP Classic?
- Control – You retain beneficial ownership of your investment and access to your funds. Other methods can require you to give up control of your assets.
- Protection – A conservative investment strategy designed to preserve and carefully grow the value of your investment.
- Simplicity – No restrictions on health, age or occupation. Subject to customary checks required by law, your investment should be complete shortly after application.
- Transparency – Investments are managed under a carefully designed investment strategy. You will be provided with regular performance updates and access to a dedicated support team.
- Efficiency – The value of your investment should be fully exempt from IHT after only two years. Other methods can take up to seven years.
With an investment in an Ingenious Estate Planning service, you can be sure that your funds are being managed carefully and professionally under a strategy designed to preserve the value of this part of your estate for the benefit of your loved ones.
Your financial adviser will offer guidance on whether IEP Classic is the right solution for you. However, if you have any questions about this service in the meantime, please contact us on 020 7319 4291 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
To read the independent MICAP report on IEP Classic, click here.
Investment in the Service involves an element of risk. The level of returns and the availability and timing of relief for investors may be impacted by:
- The performance of the underlying companies. If counterparties become insolvent or fail to honour their contractual commitments this may adversely affect the recoupment of capital
- The Manager being able to identify appropriate BR Companies which carry on, and continue to carry on, a BR qualifying trade. There is no guarantee that a sufficient number of suitable BR Companies will be identified or that the activities undertaken by the BR Companies will be successful
- Any changes to tax, particularly the bases of taxation, tax relief, rates of tax or an investor’s tax position
- Where there is insufficient liquidity within the underlying companies or limited opportunities for market purchases of shares, the process for providing liquidity to investors could take several months
- Access to the investment will be according to the Manager’s policy on acceptable payment requests and will be restricted in the first year of investment
The value of an investment in the Service can go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested.
Full details of the risk factors and associated mitigation techniques can be found in the ‘Risk Factors’ section of the Brochure.
Issued by Ingenious, a trading name of Ingenious Capital Management Limited, 15 Golden Square, London W1F 9JG, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.